TECHNICAL BOARDS > Technical Support

HELP ME: Want to buy some things :)

(1/10) > >>

KrisiS:
Want a new CPU, GPU and MBoard

CPU: http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/12020948/bundle/intel/core-i7-ivy-bridge-3770k.html
Is this any good?

MBOARD: http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/search/lga1155-socket#aj-b-1731,aj-b-33007,aj-b-718/amount-low=0,amount-min=0,amount-high=388,amount-max=388/sortFilter=3_1/display-list/
(Pick one for me, cheap but effective)

GPU: Cheap but effective, find one for me please :(

Budget is around E500 :D
Can be extended if I manage to sell my Phenom II , Mboard and GPU

knightey:
Well, CPU is good but unless you edit lots of videos or use multi-threaded applications, then you are throwing money away. I have this and its basically the same thing, but without hyper threading (each core works as two). Much better value for money, you may notice a whole 2 FPS difference in games that are particularly CPU intensive.

As for the motherboard, to take full advantage of Ivy Bridge I would recommend a Z77 chipset. I personally have this one, can't fault it. If SLI/CrossFire is something you think you might go for, then be warned that this MB will only work with AMD Crossfire.

As far as GPU goes, you could have this from Nvidia, or this from AMD.

Hope this helps   

KrisiS:
By buying the i7 as opposed to the i5 you pointed out am I not future proofing a bit longer?
I wouldn't be completely against the idea of streaming either, i wonder would the i5 work well in HD with this

I have to admit I am a Nvidia fanboy, I've never had a radeon and dont think I would buy one.
Definitely not interested in SLI/Crossfire at this moment.

S!n!StR:
about the i7 vs i5 debate, like knigthey said, you won't notice much of a difference FPS wise when playing games, an i7 will give u 2 FPS more max compared to an i5, which is negligible...but since you mentioned you might be interested in gameplay streaming, then the i7 would be a better choice IMO, due to hyperthreading.

i just woke up so i'm still a bit woozy, let me have a look at it tomorrow...think i can put together something cheap but effective

Kirks:
get an i5 and spend the extra money on gfx you will see far more benefit unless you are heavy video editing or using fancy design packages....and i5 and the best gfx you can afford will still be great at those things.. its just it will be really awesome at games

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version