TECHNICAL BOARDS > Technical Support

How to fix choppy performance, laggs?

(1/3) > >>

DigitalEye:
Here is some things that you can do that can improve performance so much!
Go to config file that is located in steam>steammapps>common>call of duty black ops>players>config_mp (you can open the config with WordPad program)
Then change this:

seta cg_blood "0"-Sets blood to off
seta cg_brass "0" -Sets Bullets to off

seta cg_drawBreathHint "0" -No longer will show breath hint

seta cg_drawFPS "Simple" -Shows your FPS in game.

seta cg_drawMantleHint "0" -No longer will tell you to jump over things

seta cg_fov_default "80" -Max Field of vision

seta cg_hudDamageIconHeight "150"
seta cg_hudDamageIconInScope "0"
seta cg_hudDamageIconOffset "10" -the red circle that displays when you get hit. Makes it more of an arrow.
seta cg_hudDamageIconTime "4000" "Best Tweak that no one really knows." Also works in Mw2
seta cg_hudDamageIconWidth "25"

seta cg_hudGrenadeIconEnabledFlash "1" -Shows nearby by flashes/or stuns with an arrow
seta cg_youInKillCamSize "2" - when you are in the killcam, there is a circle above your head. Just makes it smaller.

seta cl_maxpackets "100" - improves latency
seta cl_maxPing "110" -Max Ping when searching for random ranked game. (You change to a bit higher if you like)"

seta com_maxfps "125" - this will matter if you have vsync set to "0"

seta r_aaSamples "2" - You can set it to 0 to see if that helps your performance

seta r_blur_allowed "0"- Off to improve performance

seta r_distortion "0" - Off to improve performance
seta r_dof_enable "0" - Off to improve performance

seta r_gfxopt_water_simulation "0"- Off to improve performance

seta r_glow_allowed "0" - Off to improve performance

seta r_motionblur_enable "0" - Off to improve performance

seta r_multithreaded_device "1" -enable mutlicore processing

seta r_picmip "1" - Texture quaitly 0 is extra and 5 is lowest quailty.
seta r_picmip_bump "1" - this is what mine is set to. Set all to 5 for lowest quailty
seta r_picmip_manual "1" - or play with the settings till you find what works for you.
seta r_picmip_spec "1"
seta r_picmip_water "1"

seta r_shaderWarming "1" -improves performance

seta r_specular "0" -Off to improve performance

seta r_zfeather "0" -Off to improve performance

seta ragdoll_enable "0" - I have mine set to off.
seta ragdoll_max_simulating "8" - just a small tweaks. Less bodies ragdolling lower the better for performance if you have ragdoll enabled.

seta sm_enable "0" - Turns shadows off to improve performance
seta sm_maxLights "0" - number of muzzle flashes from gun fires. 0 to improve performance

Make sure shadows are turned off in game. Very important for performance.

seta snaps "30" - Better hit registration.

also you can run msconfig to disable background programs.It improves performance alot!

To run a MSConfig
Press the Windows key+R >type "msconfig" > OK
Select the Services tab > Check the box "Hide All Microsoft Devices" > Disable All > Apply
Select the Startup tab > Disable All > Apply > OK > Restart your system

This also improves performance:

1. Launch Steam > Library
2. Right click on the game > Properties
3. Select the "Local Files" tab > Verify the Integrity of the Game Cache (repeat for both single player and multiplayer)
This will verify the files for this game are not corrupt or missing. Any missing or corrupt files will be repaired/replaced. 

DarkSlice:
dont think theres any reall fix for perforamce lag in some systems.

I run an 8 core CPU and i still get 3-5 sec freezes.

DigitalEye:

--- Quote from: DarkSlice on February 17, 2011, 04:39:55 PM ---dont think theres any reall fix for perforamce lag in some systems.

I run an 8 core CPU and i still get 3-5 sec freezes.

--- End quote ---

Believe me  all those stuffs i wrote does remove the laggs.
But you cant remove laggs if you have bad computer, and run the high graphics.
Like maximum resolution, extra text quality, shadows, vsync. anti aliasing, anisotropic filterings.
Anti aliasing should be off, so does the anisotropic filterings. no shadows no sync every frame.
And believe you are free of laggs!

i changed my config, did those steps i wrote in my post and i am running the game smooth on really good graphics. And i dont have some beast of a machine.
Gforce Nvidia 9600 GT/ 512MB/DDR3/ Overclocked
E8400 IntelCore2Duo 3,0 GHz Cpu
3GB RAM
Win7 64

bobafett:
After many patches and updates.. Black Ops just about  works (to a point  :fighting0024: )..we all experiance lagg and other odd events so i though it would be good to share with everyone some settings that i have come across that have helped my game become more playable ...http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1573715   i have applied these settings to my config file and it seems to of made the game smoother and the hit reg better ....hope this helps others as it has me  :gun19:

DigitalEye:

--- Quote from: bobafett on February 25, 2011, 07:20:23 PM ---After many patches and updates.. Black Ops just about  works (to a point  :fighting0024: )..we all experiance lagg and other odd events so i though it would be good to share with everyone some settings that i have come across that have helped my game become more playable ...http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1573715   i have applied these settings to my config file and it seems to of made the game smoother and the hit reg better ....hope this helps others as it has me  :gun19:

--- End quote ---

mate if you didn't notice ur link  is same as my post. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version